Friday, February 5, 2016

7 Small Diet Changes You Can Make Today


7 Small Diet Changes You Can Make Today

Small changes can add up to large overall changes right? Add some of these small changes to your diet and experience an improvement in your overall weight loss.

Here are 7 Small diet changes you can make today:

Add Lemon Juice to Your Water
Drinking water to stay hydrated is important, but you can add an extra benefit by including lemon juice. Lemon juice helps to detoxify the liver and increase your metabolism, helping to burn through more fat.

Take Your Time and Savour Your Food
You can avoid binge eating by taking the time to enjoy and savour each bite of food. If you rush to finish a meal without tasting each spoonful you will often eat more. By avoiding this you can reduce the overall amount of calories you consume over time.

Stop Buying DIet Food
Rather than buying food that is marketed as ‘good for weight loss”, buy foods based on their health benefits and nutritional value. If you eat foods that are healthy and rich in nutrients you will be able to achieve weight loss a lot more easily.

Eat A Salad Daily
A good weight loss tip would be to replace your meal at lunchtime with a large salad filled with healthy vegetables. Include some lean protein and avocado and nuts and you will have a healthy lunchtime meal that will help you with your weight loss.

Juicing
You can help yourself from craving sugar and salt by drinking fresh vegetable juice daily. Whether you add kale, cucumber, carrot or ginger you will find tremendous benefits to your health.

Keep a Pack of Almonds Handy
If you’ve ever been on the on the go and not had the time to get something to eat, but there are no healthy options to be found anywhere? If you keep a pack of raw almonds handy you will always have a healthy snack that you eat to beat your hunger. By eating a small portion of almonds (or any raw nut) you will be able to stabilize your blood sugar and help prevent any cravings.

Almonds are also very nutritious containing healthy omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E.

Include Protein in Every Meal
Protein keeps you satisfied and full for longer, keeping you away from binge eating and snacking on unhealthy foods. You can obtain protein from meat or plant sources such as beans or tofu.


Add these 7 small diet changes to your diet today and improve your weight loss progress. 



8 comments:

  1. These small changes can actually give long-term benefits to our health and overall well-being. They are not hard to do and can easily be done without requiring much effort. Incorporating these changes to our daily routine is a smart move if we want to lose weight. This could very well supplement the Fat Diminisher system that you present on your site. Really great information and something that’s really useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic list! No one says that losing weight is easy, but with these small diet changes, I could get on board this program. I’ve never believed in buying diet foods because it’s really hard to tell what’s in them. My rule is that if I can’t pronounce the ingredients, I probably shouldn’t be putting them in my body. I do agree that simple healthy food rich in nutrients is the way to go if you want to slim down and feel great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much follow the same rules you have. It may not be scientific, but it’s logical, isn’t it? For me, the less ingredients, the better. It was easy for me to give up processed meat, but finding it hard to give up sweets. But at least I now know that I’m headed to the right direction when I started eating healthy. It’s tough, but small changes do help.

      Delete
  3. These are all healthful tips. If we all followed them, we would all live into our 90s and 100s. It's a great way to build up your immune system and your metabolism. Diet food is the worst, really. They say it's better but there's always hidden ingredients in it. If you want to diet, go organic. You'll pay more out-of-pocket, but you'll put better quality food into your body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organic is the only way to go. Especially when you’re juicing. I agree that it’s a little bit expensive, but consider it a really worthwhile long-term investment for health. If you get into the habit of eating nutritious food, you’ll never go back to eating fast food. It’s only hard in the beginning.

      Delete
  4. These small changes can actually give huge positive results. I believe in gradual change so it doesn’t shock my body. There’s really no shortcut when it comes to good health. If we all develop a healthy eating habit, there won’t be a need for diet pills. It might take a lot of getting used to, but once you see the wonderful changes in your body, you’ll be hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips here. And as I'm now just recently starting to try to eat healthier, I still get my cravings, but with the wife's support (and seeing her results), I'm dedicated to do it right. And she's now got me addicted to the lemon water first thing in the morning, even before my coffee. And juicing is a fairly new one for me, but it seems pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been saying for ages that I'm going to start adding lemon to my water, and I still haven't. I also keep saying that I'm going to have hot water and lemon juice first thing in the morning when I wake up - I haven't done that yet either - but I really should. You're right! It's really healthy, and a great way to kick start your morning.

    ReplyDelete