Friday, March 25, 2016

Tips For Cutting Carbs



Tips For Cutting Carbs

Carbohydrates are the major focus of every dieter's thoughts. Many diet plans are strongly against eating carbs, without considering the many carbohydrates that are beneficial for you. Cutting carb intake is definitely an effective way to lose weight, but carbs are still an important part of a healthy diet.

Low carb diets are very well-liked these days. Back in the day, eating low carb was considered crazy. “Carbs are meant to be good for you! Carbs give you energy. Carbs are meant to be part of every healthy diet.” Even though this is often true, it is a little more complex than it seems. There are healthy carbs and unhealthy carbs. By following a low carb diet, it simply means you are removing the bad carbs and eating an adequate amount of healthy carbs to maintain your energy levels keep your diet balanced. The following are a few suggestions that you can utilize to help in the maintenance of a low carb diet.

Pick foods that are based upon vegetables.
Vegetables don’t have a high carbohydrate content. Bear this in mind when you eat out - Choose side dishes that have a higher vegetable content. Many side dishes contains foods that high in carbs and are calorie dense.

For example, steamed veggies are a fantastic choice for a side dish. They are also wonder picks for snacks. One of the hardest things about eating a low carb diet is selecting healthy foods. Carrots, cauliflower and broccoli are all perfect choices for carb free snacks.

Use grated cauliflower as a substitute for rice.
Cauliflower has a low level of carbs and as an added bonus it cooks a lot fast than rice. It is also easily substitutable into many dishes as well. Just use grated cauliflower and cut your carb intake substantially.

Use a Bowl instead of Tortillas.
Reduce your carb intake by using dishes instead of wrapping up a tortilla. Simply prepare things the way you normally would, but instead of using a tortilla place the filling in a bowl. It will taste just as delicious will save you a lot of calories.
This might not work with quesadilla’s though since this would just mean melted cheese..


There are various ways to stick to a low carb diet and it doesn't need to be a complicated thing. By using these tips, it will help you feel full while reducing your intake of carbohydrates. It is entirely possible still live a regular life while limiting your carbs and. In no time, your new behaviours will become habits. After a while, you won't be able to tell the difference and you will feel healthier than ever before.





11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like Oprah, I love bread! So you know how difficult a low-carb diet is to someone who loves bread. But I do believe that a diet low in carb is more effective than diet low in fat. You’ve provided some great tips. They are a great reminder that low carb diet doesn’t have to be complicated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know if it’s possible to keep the weight off if you keep eating bread. It’s just seems too difficult. I think you’d have to compensate with much more exercise if you’re not willing to give up some of the carb-loaded food items you love. There’s always a trade-off when it comes to dieting.

      Delete
  3. These tips are fantastic. The only problem is that I’m not much of a veggie eater. Although the grated cauliflower is something that I’d eat without any fuss. I’m still trying to get used to food substitutions. I’ve substituted potatoes with sweet potatoes and loving it! Does your fat diminisher program offer more alternatives?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A low carb diet is not very difficult at all. I thought it would be but I was clearly mistaken. I found that the cravings for carb-heavy food are short-lived once I got the right food combination down pat. I ditched the burger buns and substituted with Romaine lettuce. If I wanted to be fancy, I use portabello mushrooms as buns. It can really be an enjoyable process. Your tips are a good starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve seen how low-cab diets transform bodies. The change is very noticeable because the body becomes leaner. Lebron James used to be one bulky guy, but when he went on a low-carb diet, he became so fit, it’s almost unreal. This kind of diet is no walk in the park. There’ll be carb and sugar withdrawals and they are tough. But think about the end result. No pain, no gain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lebron looks great when he lost weight. He’s definitely lighter, and it shows! I think his diet wasn’t only low-carb, it’s also no sugar and no dairy. His food choices were limited to meat, fish, veggies, fruits and nuts for more than 2 months. That’s quite the commitment.

      Delete
  6. I've always heard that carbs are good for your diet. I exercise a lot in the gym, however, and therefore my doctor insists that I eat a lot of carbs. He says that I should eat a high-carb snack after my workouts to restore the energy so I always carry oatmeal bars with me. They seem to re-energize me quick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do eat a lot of carbs, but I'm very active and run a lot of marathons and cycle a lot, so I think I do need a high carb diet, but I get so used to having a high carb diet that when I'm not training I really have to think about what I'm eating and reduce the amount of carbs I eat. I've tried cauliflower instead of rice and it's worked really well. I've even had cauliflower based pizza which was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I absolutely LOVE cauliflower-based pizzas....delicious! :) And I already get a taco salad w/o the bowl.....I MAY put some chips in there, but I'm such a salad person already.

      Delete
    2. My wife is making a change to the way we eat as a family, and as a man, I thought it'd be hard to cut carbs. But she's done very well with the various substitutions and cooking, it's really been a surprise.

      Delete